Fx trading News: Davos Forum: More than half of CEOs expect global economic growth to slow this year!
2020-01-22 12:39 from：CAPSTONE author：Jack
Capstone Forex Trading News: An annual survey released by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) on Monday showed that more than half of the CEOs expect global economic growth to slow this year, which is very different from boosting confidence in the stock market.
PricewaterhouseCoopers announced its investigation report before the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting in Davos. The report shows that 53% of CEOs from around the world predict that the global economic growth rate will decline. This is the most pessimistic situation since the question was asked in 2012. The previous year's report was 29%.
However, under the melting of Sino-US trade tensions, the stock prices of many major companies are hovering near record highs. A recent Deutsche Bank report said that investors who bet on a rebound in global economic growth are now experiencing the largest stock exposure in two years.
PricewaterhouseCoopers visited 1,581 CEOs from 83 countries in September-October 2019, after which China and the United States signed the first phase of the agreement, and geopolitical risks such as a hard Brexit also subsided.
Only 27% of the CEOs surveyed said they were "very confident" in the company's growth over the next 12 months, the lowest level since 2009. Last year it was 35%.
PricewaterhouseCoopers said that based on the findings of the survey, global economic growth may slow to 2.4% in 2020.
"Given uncertainties such as trade tensions, geopolitical issues, and a lack of consensus on how to respond to climate change, the drop in confidence in economic growth is not surprising-even if the mood has changed so much," Puhua Bob Moritz, global chairman of the firm, said.
PricewaterhouseCoopers said CEOs are also increasingly concerned about cyber threats and climate change. More than two-thirds of the CEOs interviewed believe that governments will introduce new regulations to regulate social platform content and split the dominant technology companies.
Why Choose Capstone Online CFD Trading?
* EURUSD Avg spread of 0.1 pips is the best in the world
* Starting Deposit $100
* Leverage up to 1:400
* Transfer your funds securely with 0% Commission
* Average execution speeds of under 45ms*
* Our diverse and proprietary liquidity mix keeps spreads tight 24/5
- Prev：Fx trading Review: Thanks to the easing of trade, the Eurozone Economic Prosperity Index has been greatly improved, and gold has staged a deep rebound, and the Bank of Canada will pay attention to the decision of the Bank of Canada on interest rates!
- Next：Fx trading News: Davos Forum: The debut of the New Year is as expected! Bank of Japan announced to keep interest rates unchanged!